Home

Wednesday 3 December 2014

Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Sellers Spotlight

With less than 1 week to go until our big Dorset Team Christmas Fair, we thought it would be a great idea to place some of the attending sellers in the spotlight!  A real way to get to know both the designer/creator and to also see some of their work.
Our first seller is Natalie Thompson from PYNQ Designs - In her own words;

Type of Items sold
Tea towels
Reindeer necklace
Xmas coasters
Xmas gift wrap
Silk scarves

How and why did you get started. What are your inspirations?
I launched "PYNQ" in 2011 after the birth of my baby daughter Pynq (Pink) whilst on maternity leave! 

My goal was to create and sell products from my digital textile designs.

I am a versatile designer and apply my design skills across a range of products including fashion, jewellery, interiors, stationery and paper products.

I studied at Central St Martins School of Art & Design graduating with an Upper Second in Textile Design.

I am currently the Printed Textiles Technician at Winchester School of Art running the digital textile printer and teaching Photoshop skills in Fashion and Textiles.

I find it rewarding selling on Etsy and seeing my products on a professional and easy to use website.

Top 3 reasons to start an Etsy shop
Competitive fees
Rewarding to sell own creations
Opportunites to collaborate

Top 3 tips for new sellers
Take good clean photographs
Look at items similar to yours to get pricing right
About page- people like to know what you're about
Team up with people in your area



Our second seller is Alison Northern from Doodle Dot Gifts - In her own words;

Type of Items sold
Hand painted Fairy and Elf Doors, cards, prints, hand sewn felt gifts, pocket mirrors and polymer stamps
How and why did you get started?
I have always been a bit of a crafty girl, I can remember being taught to knit on big chunky wooden needles when I was about 6 and was the very proud owner of a vintage Singer Sewing machine at 9. I have always loved colour and turning old things into something new, long before up-cycling became the thing to do!!
I started making hand poured shaped crayons and designing colouring sheets using my own character's which then turned into cards, painted wooden items, hand sewn felt items........and more. I love all things whimsical, colourful and just a bit quirky. We have lots of new ideas in the pipeline and would love for Doodle Dot to be a brand in its own right.
Top 3 reasons to start an Etsy shop
To reach a broader market, 
You can link to you website or social media, 
Etsy does all your invoicing so saves you time.
Top 3 tips for new sellers

Join your local Etsy Team, 
Talk to other Etsy sellers for advice,
Link your Etsy shop to your web page or social media sites.
Description of shop:
Colourful, quirky with a touch of whimsical.
Alison's Social Media Links;

No comments:

Post a Comment