Home

Sunday 13 September 2015

Product Feature: Jolly Good Sticks

Photo Credit: Samantha Jolly

Our second product feature this week on our theme 'Gifts for Him' are these beautiful handmade wooden keyrings (please click here if you missed the feature on David's beautiful fly fishing prints).

These tactile keyrings have been made by Samantha from Jolly Good Sticks who is a Dorset Team member based in Corfe Mullen. The keyrings are made from different woods and have been lathe turned in Samantha's workshop. 

Samantha says, "My background and interest has always been in art & design, even as a small child with my box of crayons and pencils never far away! Over the years I have dabbled with various art forms, but when asked to design and make a walking stick for my father I found a special relationship with wood. I loved the tactile healing quality, the scent and the endless beauty found in this natural material not to mention the challenges and differing characteristics certain species can throw at you! I also have a fascination for traditional craft methods & tools, and where possible I try to incorporate these methods in my work."

If you would like to find out more about Samantha and see her keyrings, Christmas decorations and walking sticks please take a look at her shop here: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/JollyGoodSticks

No comments:

Post a Comment