Home

Saturday 24 September 2016

Title - Meet the Seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Mary Jane Lillie from MaryJaneLillie






Name: Mary Jane Lillie
Shop Name: MaryJaneLillie
Located in: Wareham
Sells: Beautiful handmade gifts, artwork and felt making workshops

Maker's Story
I am lucky enough to live in one of the smallest counties in England, close to the Jurassic coast and right in the middle of Hardy's Wessex. With no cities or motorways, Dorset is mostly rural and is an area of outstanding beauty.

Living here inspired me to indulge my more creative side and once I made the decision to limit my work tutoring I began to really enjoy taking up new skills. I have always enjoyed experimenting with different mediums but it has only been in the last five years that I really began to enjoy textiles.

My love of felting, finds me working in the kitchen, close to the kettle and butler sink. This gives me ample opportunity to watch my growing number of garden birds preening and feeding themselves in my kitchen garden.
 
My studio is located in my 18th century cottage in a spare bedroom which happen to have a good amount of natural light but when I host felt making parties we gather in one of my favourite rooms in the house. The dining room is perfect to teach needle felting during a workshop and I particular enjoy doing so to a group who are invariably enthusiastic and keen to learn a very versatile and rewarding skill.




Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Mary Jane Lillie  will be selling her beautiful handmade gifts at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.

Please come along, meet       and our other makers and sellers.

Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.

For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment