Home

Friday 4 November 2016

Meet the seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Suzanne from Sunny Bunny Crafts


Name: Suzanne

Shop Name: Sunny Bunny Crafts

Shop Link: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SunnyBunnyCraft


Located in: Bournemouth
 
Sells: Practical and pretty textile items for you & your home, including DIY kits.


Maker's Story: 
I blame my Mum, her Mum and probably her Mum too and all the little old Aunts that I vaguely remember from my childhood - many a day was spent with arms outstretched whilst someone would be winding wool over to make the next jumper or cardigan! I cant really remember the reasoning (perhaps to just keep us in one place?!).

Taught to knit at 5 and various other crafts at a young age, the passion got bigger over the years (apart from a few twilight years - late teens/early twenties when the pub was more interesting).

My main cardmaking passion came about through personal tragedy when my first son was stillborn. Without dwelling (nor casting it aside but this isn't the place for that story) I became involved in a support group, I met a likeminded fellow mum and we made cards to sell for the charity. From that the passion grew, and luckily for me so did my family! Skip forward a few years (too busy mopping kids and floors!) and I found I had a few spare hours to make cards again for my family and friends. Sunny Bunny was formed. And then I dusted off my sewing machine thanks to a chance remark from a family member and so we have my products today, all stemming from each other and the love of gorgeous fabrics!

I have also recently branched out and made some of my makes available as kits or tutorials. You can find these under the Sew Easy category in my shop. I also run regular workshops in Bournemouth so please convo me if you would like details on those.

Phew! That's Sunny Bunny in a nutshell, oh and I love personalised, we are all unique after all! So please have a look at my shop and if there is something you like but not in that colour/fabric please contact me!
 

 
Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Suzanne will be selling her beautiful crafts and kits at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.
 
Please come along, meet Suzanne and our other makers and sellers.
 
Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.
 
For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post

 

No comments:

Post a Comment