Home

Thursday 13 October 2016

Meet the seller - Dorset Team Christmas Fair - Nicolette Dawn



Name: Nicolette

Shop Name: Nicolette Dawn

Shop Link: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/NicoletteDawn


Located in: Christchurch
 
Sells: Wire sculptures and handmade gifts, including knitted bags and fabric bunting.

Maker's Story: 
Handmade from the bottom of my garden...I started my Etsy shop following encouragement from my friends and family. I have always made things for myself and my home, filling it with my unusual handmade items. I enjoy drawing, painting, sewing, knitting and more recently sculpture. When coming to see me, my friends would joke that they were visiting my 'shop' and couldn't wait to see the newest additions I had created. They would always ask if items were for sale or if they could place an order.

My handbags were inspired following a visit to a local boutique. They were selling quite bland and plain knitted bags and I just knew I could do better. Each bag is hand-knitted and embellished with a design using felt, wool and buttons. No two bags are the same, making each one unique. As well as using re-cycled handles from charity shop finds I have also made my own, using Denim, Corduroy and Tweed fabrics.
                   
After spending years creating with fabric and wool, I decided to turn my hand to something completely different and am now sculpting in wire. I bought a roll of chicken wire, spent an afternoon experimenting and as a result, my first Indian Runner duck was conceived! A couple of pairs of leather gloves later and numerous scratches (it doesn't take any prisoners!) my menagerie has expanded. I am so pleased with how effective the result is and after creating ducks, ducklings and chickens I have expanded my collection to include other British wildlife. Hares in particular are proving very popular. Pictures of my collection can be found on Pinterest.com/NicoletteTrapp 'wire menagerie' board.

I hope you enjoy browsing my shop as I only make items that I love and would use or own myself. Each one has been 'handmade at the bottom of my garden...'
 
 
 
Dorset Team Christmas Fair: Nicolette will be selling her beautiful work at the Dorset Team Christmas Fair on Saturday 3rd December at the Allendale Centre in Wimborne.
 
Please come along, meet Nicolette and our other makers and sellers.
 
Doors open at 10am and close at 4pm and it is free entry.
 
For more information please see our Facebook event page or blog post
 

No comments:

Post a Comment